Re: [Discuss-GnuRadio]: tx_chain.v module in usrp_std.v

From: Eric Blossom
Subject: Re: [Discuss-GnuRadio]: tx_chain.v module in usrp_std.v
Date: Tue, 11 Jul 2006 06:28:21 -0700

On Mon, Jul 10, 2006 at 08:22:29PM -0700, Oussama Sekkat wrote:
> Hello everybody,
>
> I am still a beginner in the project so bare with me if my questions have
> obvious answers.
> I was looking at the verilog code for usrp_std.v module. that module
> containes the tx_chain.v module which uses a module called
phase_acc.

Actually, if you look at that line, you'll see that it's within an
`ifdef that's not enabled.  Take a look again ;)

> I am not sure what this later module does? It takes as inputs (among others) a
> 7bit serial address and 32 bit serial data and outputs the 32bit phase.
> Does anyone have any idea what that module does and what its purpose is in
> the tx_chain?

If enabled, this code would implement digital upconversion in the
FPGA, instead of using the DUC in the AD9862.  N.B., this code hasn't
been tested in something like a couple of years and may have suffered
bit rot.  [Definitely.  The FPGA register definitions that would have
been required to use it have been removed...]

Eric