Re: [Discuss-gnuradio] pll refout vs carriertracking

From: Robert McGwier
Subject: Re: [Discuss-gnuradio] pll refout vs carriertracking
Date: Thu, 13 Jul 2006 13:44:50 -0400

Sorry. I missed what you referred to in the early email. I misread it. I agree that refout and carriertracking should not be doing the same thing. I will look at it.

Bob

Matt Ettus wrote:
Robert McGwier wrote:

I did that on purpose. There are myriad instances where you want the recovered carrier or tone but not have the complex input mixed to the "new zero". If you want a recovery and baseband, I suggest that rather than do an if test, we make a new module that is track and mix.

Yes, but that is what refout is for. Right now refout and carriertracking do the exact same thing.

Matt

"An expert is a man who has made all the mistakes which can be
made in a very narrow field."  Niels Bohr