[Discuss-gnuradio] Problem with USB on OSX?

From: Sam Ross
Subject: [Discuss-gnuradio] Problem with USB on OSX?
Date: Mon, 24 Jul 2006 16:03:45 -0700

Hi, this is my first time using software radio, and I'm having some
problems.  When I try to run one of the programs in
/.../gnuradio-examples/python/usrp, here is what happens:

% pythonw ./usrp_wfm_rcv.py --freq=102M
usb_control_msg failed: usb_control_msg(DeviceRequestTO): pipe is stalled
Using RX d'board A: Flex 400 Rx
gr_fir_ccf: using SSE
gr_fir_fff: using SSE
FYI: No Powermate or Contour Knob found
usrp_basic_rx: failed to start end point streaming

The gui opens, but is blank, and just hangs there
I'm using OS X, version 4.4 on a G5 iMac, and installed gnuradio by
the light of M. Dickens' guide at
http://www.nd.edu/~mdickens/GNURadio/GNURadio_Install_using_DarwinPorts_on_10.4.X.txt
Some more pieces (irrelevant?) of information:  The led seems to be
blinking once per second.  When I do "% usrper led1 on", it turns it
on, but I get the message "usrper: found unconfigured usrp; needs
firmware."  The contents of my /usr/local/share/usrp/rev4 folder are:
multi_2rxhb_2tx.rbf     std_2rxhb_2tx.rbf std.ihx  std_4rx_0tx.rbf
Thanks for your time
Sam