Re: [Discuss-gnuradio] README buglet

From: LRK
Subject: Re: [Discuss-gnuradio] README buglet
Date: Thu, 10 Aug 2006 23:37:46 -0500

On Thu, Aug 10, 2006 at 08:16:57PM -0700, Johnathan Corgan wrote:
> Greg Troxel wrote:
> >It seems that GNU make is required; compiling with BSD make gives "no
> >input files", a classic sign of a GNU make extension being used to set
> >a list of files.
> >
> >This is not noted in README.  It could be in step 2 of how to build,
> >or probably in the list of prerequisites in step 1 that lists
> >autoconf/automake/libtool.  Probably just add GNU make and note that
> >on systems where it isn't native it is usually gmake (true of all BSDs
> >that I know of, and maybe Solaris).

I'm working with FreeBSD and have been using gmake since there are still
problems with BSD make.

I'm installing as a user rather than with sudo. Seems to work Ok.

Best I can tell it all works. FreeBSD still has problems with the USB
code but the tests give the same errors as before. The audio part seems
to work as before also. I think I'm transitioned now.

--
LRK