[Discuss-gnuradio] reconfiguration woes

From: Lee
Subject: [Discuss-gnuradio] reconfiguration woes
Date: Sat, 26 Aug 2006 12:56:48 -0700

Hi,
I've been trying to do a reconfigurable setup that switches between a ssb mode and then gmsk. I can reconfigure to ssb multiple times successfully, the flowgraph starts and stops correctly. When I go to reconfig for gmsk mode, it works again, once. Then If I try to return to ssb mode, the gmsk flowgraph will not stop. It hangs forever in the scheduler. I do the fg.stop() fg.dissconnect_all() and reconnect the new paths and fg.start() as needed.

I found a verbose mode that was built into the scheduler ( since the class inherits from a useful Verbose object ) that enables the listing of the _notes about the active threads. This has narrowed it down to a thread that was spawned during the gmsk flowgraph start(), but wont stop() when asked. Just waits forever. Wow, being new to python and run into a thread issue right off :-)

I've been banging my head for weeks on this( I hate to ask for help when the process involves the learning curve. I consider it a right of passage task :-) but at this point I could use the help.