Re: [Discuss-gnuradio] Problems with building from SVN

From: Eric Blossom
Subject: Re: [Discuss-gnuradio] Problems with building from SVN
Date: Sun, 10 Sep 2006 21:16:31 -0700

On Mon, Sep 11, 2006 at 10:38:40AM +0800, hanwen wrote:
> Hi,
> It's my first time trying the new SVN repository. I'm usiing FC4.
> First I downloaded and built the swig 1.3.29.
> I svn the codes yesterday by:
> svn co http://gnuradio.org/svn/gnuradio/trunk gnuradio
> So the codes are completely new and svn reported it's release 3510.
> Then I do the usual dance.
> ./bootstrap
> ./configure
> When I did make, an error came out.
> usrp1_source_base.cc:351: error: 'class usrp_standard_rx' has no member
> named '_write_fpga_reg_masked'

I just did a fresh checkout at r3518 and everything builds OK for me.

What version of g++ are you using?

  $ g++ --version

Do you have more than one version of SWIG installed?

  $ swig -version

Do you have a partial or old installation anywhere?  It shouldn't
matter, but you might want to clean out any previously installed GNU
Radio stuff.  E.g., in /usr/local/include/gnuradio,
/usr/local/lib/python2.*/site-packages, /usr/local/lib/libgnuradio*,
/usr/local/lib/libusrp*

> I searched this error on the archive and it sugested to build in the order
> of gnuradio-core, usrp, gr-usrp.
> So I go into the directories and build in that order but the same error
> turned out again when making the gr-usrp.

With the svn build system, just build it from the top.  Those comments
were for the previous build environment.

Eric