[Discuss-gnuradio] timestamp in saved data

From: Charles Swiger
Subject: [Discuss-gnuradio] timestamp in saved data
Date: Tue, 19 Sep 2006 11:45:40 -0400

There was discussion once about file formats for saved data.

I just used Jim Cooley's file headers to put timestamps in my
shortwave radio data so when I play back a pirate radio broadcast
I can see that, hey, that was on last Saturday at 8:15PM. The
gui now sports a clock showing either current or playback time.

gr.file_hdr_sink|source seem pretty flexible, just an arbitrary
length of int's that can mean anything you want to define. Anyway,
if they were made an integral part or gnuradio I will update the
gnuradio-examples/python/apps/hf_explorer to include the new feature.

--Chuck