[Discuss-gnuradio] More Questions

From: Carlson, Douglas
Subject: [Discuss-gnuradio] More Questions
Date: Wed, 20 Sep 2006 13:32:44 -0400

I am relatively new to gnuradio – I’ve been trying to get everything up an running – after long vacation – I’m back at it.  I’m struggling with the “sound” part of it.

I’m running FC5 on a compact computer with an nvidia sound card.  I am following the instructions given in wiki for FC5 build (did most recent last night)

gr-audio-oss seemed to configure and build along with most everything else.  When I run dial_tone.py – I get a dial tone out of speakers –

When I run, usrp_wfm_rcv.py, with –f 107.9M (Boston area FM station) – I get indication of signal – demodulation seems to function – but nothing out of speakers – not even white noise.  Seems like an issue with the audio sink or something.  Any idea where I should be looking for the problem?

Thanks

Doug