Re: [Discuss-gnuradio] about runing wfm_rcv_gui.py

From: Eric Blossom
Subject: Re: [Discuss-gnuradio] about runing wfm_rcv_gui.py
Date: Thu, 21 Sep 2006 12:58:11 -0700

On Thu, Sep 21, 2006 at 09:05:09PM +0200, Lin Ji wrote:
> Hi,
>  I have a question about gnuradio, I wonder if I can ask it here:
>  When I run wfm_rcv_gui.py, no window has been poped up. only this line:
>
>  >>> gr_fir_fff: using SSE
>
>  then the system is waiting.
>  I wonder is there something wrong with it?
>
>  And when I was trying to run usrp_oscope from gnuexamples0.7 there are
> always errors. the one from version 0.4 works well. Something must be
> different here.
>
> /Linus

I suspect that it's blocked trying to access the soundcard.

Does gnuradio-examples/python/audio/dial_tone.py work?

See if artsd or esound are running, and if so kill them.
(Not sure on the spelling of the two sound daemons).

Also, you may want to consider running the latest code from
subversion.  Direction on how to get the code here:
http://gnuradio.org/trac/wiki