Re: [Discuss-gnuradio] to prevent mental damages, avoid dB's.

From: David Bengtson
Subject: Re: [Discuss-gnuradio] to prevent mental damages, avoid dB's.
Date: Fri, 29 Sep 2006 07:25:25 -0400

Daniel O'Connor wrote:
On Friday 29 September 2006 09:21, John Ackermann N8UR wrote:
I have to say that I like dBs, too.  All you have to do is remember two
things: 3dB doubles the power, and 10dB is 10 times the power, and from
that you can SWAG just about anything.

A guy at work wrote a handy program in Tcl/Tk for converting power between various units (dBm, mW, Volts & Pk-Pk Volts).

Might be worth writing a Python version for GNU Radio - it would be pretty simple I think.

How about going old school and using a calculator? No memory footprint on the computer at all.

Dave