[Discuss-gnuradio] Decoding Pager Protocol: Motorola Flex1600

From: Darryl Ross
Subject: [Discuss-gnuradio] Decoding Pager Protocol: Motorola Flex1600
Date: Wed, 04 Oct 2006 08:07:46 +0930

Hi All,

I'm just doing a bit of research into decoding the Motorola Flex1600
protocol under Linux and have not had any luck finding anything yet. I'm
wondering whether the gnuradio project might be a good place to start.

I'm currently using PDW under Windows, which seems to work ok, but I
think that having a Windows machine running for just that is a bit
silly. I tried running it under vmware, but it was doing something to
the serial port -- not allowing CTS through, buffering the port, or
something like that.

Anyway, I have a scanner tapped with the discriminator output plugged
into a 2 level data slicer. I'm on a fairly tight budget, so I'd like to
get it working with that before looking at anything else.

Is this possible with gnuradio? If so, can someone please give me a
pointer as to where to get started?

Thanks
Darryl