Re: [Discuss-gnuradio] Suggestion re svn:eol-style for configure and boo

From: Murray Lang
Subject: Re: [Discuss-gnuradio] Suggestion re svn:eol-style for configure and bootstrap
Date: Fri, 06 Oct 2006 10:57:15 +0800

Hi Don

At 03:30 AM 1/10/2006, Don Ward wrote:
Murray Lang wrote:

Can I suggest that the svn:eol-style attribute be changed from "native"
to "CR" for ./configure and ./bootstrap.

Did you mean "LF"?

Ok, I was going from memory and mixed up CR with LF.

They aren't going to be much
use for Windows builds anyway. It's a trap for young players who svn at
work on their Windows machines (because their dialup at home is slow).
Bash barfs on unexpected "^M" (LF). It took me a while to nut that one

Whose bash?  Cygwin?  MSYS?  Other?  And which svn?  (And I think you mean

Bash on Fedora. I've tried both Tigris and Tortoise on Windows. When changing the eol-style at my end didn't work I discussed it with my IT guys, who said that the style needs to be applied at the svn host, not the client.

Yes, I could have used unix2dos but it seems to me that fixing the style for shell scripts isn't going to hurt anyone because *native* Windows tools aren't going to use them anyway. I think native Windows compilers can deal with unix style source files (though I'm not %100 certain of that), so they can be left as is.

In the end I ssh'ed to a unix machine here and ran svn from there, but I thought I'd post this so that anyone searching for info on the same problem will find something.

Murray