Re: [Discuss-gnuradio] What does the onboard FPGA now and how can I real

From: Lin HUANG
Subject: Re: [Discuss-gnuradio] What does the onboard FPGA now and how can I realtime process the signal?
Date: Thu, 12 Oct 2006 10:09:18 +0800

Yes, I knew that. That will be a really great improvement. I've been waiting for that. :) But I don't know when it'll be ready for all of us. ;P How about the time schedule?

alin

2006/10/12, Eric Blossom <address@hidden>:
On Tue, Oct 10, 2006 at 04:38:47PM +0800, Lin Huang wrote:

> The time slot has to be strictly at micro-second level. Now
> the whole vision is not very clear for us. We don't know whether the
> TDD system requires not only the modification on the FPGA but also
> on large modification on the gnuradio software.  Waiting for your
> document.

> alin

As part of the "message block" effort (m-block), we'll be supporting
precise timing.   This impacts the host and the FPGA, and will provide
time stamped input and "do not transmit until time t" output.

One of the use cases is TDMA.

The timing resolution will be determined by the master clock in the
FPGA, currently 64MHz.

Eric