Re: [Discuss-gnuradio] Ubuntu 'edgy eft' pre-release now has SDCC 2.6, b

From: Bdale Garbee
Subject: Re: [Discuss-gnuradio] Ubuntu 'edgy eft' pre-release now has SDCC 2.6, breaks compile in usrp component
Date: Mon, 16 Oct 2006 15:13:40 -0600

address@hidden (Johnathan Corgan) writes:

> However, the pre-release of Ubuntu 'Edgy Eft' now contains sdcc version
> 2.6.0, which does NOT correctly compile USRP code and in fact bombs out
> with a slew of error messages.  (Whether this is a USRP code issue or an
> SDCC issue hasn't been determined.)

For what it's worth, Debian has sdcc 2.6.0-4.svn.43 in unstable, which worked
fine for my recent builds, so there may be clues in the deltas between what
Ubuntu is using and what's in Debian unstable.

Also, once my packages are actually let out of NEW/ and into the main archive,
they will of course be available for Ubuntu to pick up and use.  Actually, if
someone in Ubuntu-land is sufficiently motivated, they could pick up my
packages for Edgy even before Debian puts them in unstable...

Bdale