Re: [Discuss-gnuradio] reg: GNU RADIO BUILD PROBLEM

From: shriram.vasudevan
Subject: Re: [Discuss-gnuradio] reg: GNU RADIO BUILD PROBLEM
Date: Thu, 2 Nov 2006 18:53:07 +0530

> >I was not able to find makefile.in the "gnuradio/gnuradio-core/src/lib/filter" >>directory.
Why is the ./configure asking for
> >that file when it seems to be not included with the package??

>Normally, that file is created when you run ./bootstrap, so it's not a
>file that would be included when you check out from the svn repository.
>When building from a release tarball, that file is included, so you
>don't need to run ./bootstrap.

>Now why it got deleted somewhere along the line is a mystery, and may be
>a sign something else is broken, but please re-run ./bootstrap before
>running ./configure again.

I ran the ./bootstrap several times and it didnt seem to go well..Here's what it said...

address@hidden /cygdrive/d/gnuradio
$ ./bootstrap
/usr/share/aclocal/pstoedit.m4:7: warning: underquoted definition of AM_PATH_PST
OEDIT
/usr/share/aclocal/pstoedit.m4:7:   run info '(automake)Extending aclocal'
/usr/share/aclocal/pstoedit.m4:7:   or see http://sources.redhat.com/automake/au
tomake.html#Extending-aclocal
autoheader-2.60: cannot remove /tmp/ahQjR476: Directory not empty
/usr/share/automake-1.10/am/depend2.am: am__fastdepCCAS does not appear in AM_CO
NDITIONAL
/usr/share/automake-1.10/am/depend2.am:   The usual way to define `am__fastdepCC
AS' is to add `AM_PROG_AS'
/usr/share/automake-1.10/am/depend2.am:   to `configure.ac' and run `aclocal' an
d `autoconf' again.
gr-trellis/doc/Makefile.am:45: `%'-style pattern rules are a GNU make extension
gr-trellis/doc/Makefile.am:48: `%'-style pattern rules are a GNU make extension

address@hidden /cygdrive/d/gnuradio
$

I have tried this with both the release 3.0 and the 3.0rc3 but get the same message. Before I updated my cygwin package, I used the same source and was able to build the GNUradio code fully without errors (But the programs didnt work though!!).

Thanks

Shriram vasudevan