[Discuss-gnuradio] Signal loss after a short time

From: Ryan Seal
Subject: [Discuss-gnuradio] Signal loss after a short time
Date: Thu, 02 Nov 2006 12:41:59 -0400

When running both usrp_oscope and usrp_fft, I lose the signal and the GUI becomes unresponsive after 5 - 30 minutes of operation. I had previously ran this system for more than 24 hours with an installation on a laptop back in July. Here is a short summary of my setup:

1. Dual HT Intel 64-bit processors with 32-bit Gentoo distribution.
2. Latest dependencies from the portage tree (using ~x86 flag).
3. I am using an external clock at 64MHz that will sync the USRP with the rest of my system.
4. I have an official USB 2.0 certified cable.

To get the system back up and running properly, I either cycle power (unplug the power supply) or run the usrper load_standard_bits command. I also receiver failures when running the benchmark_usb program maybe this is beginning to sound like a hardware problem ?

--Ryan