Re: [Discuss-gnuradio] HDTV Receiver and additional hardware

From: Charles Swiger
Subject: Re: [Discuss-gnuradio] HDTV Receiver and additional hardware
Date: Mon, 06 Nov 2006 10:42:28 -0500

On Fri, 2006-11-03 at 11:25 -0500, Berkley, Antwong L. wrote:
> I want to build a SDR that can capture an HDTV (non-real time) and
> then transmits.  I have a USRP and the Rx daughterboards.  Are there
> any up to date HowTo’s on Building a HDTV Rx using USRP.?
>

> Do I have to buy any additional hardware, I am not cash rich.
>

> Regards,

Antwong - You will need the TVRx daughterboard, and be able to
compile gnuradio-0.9.  To retransmit you might be able to use
an RFX400 daughterboard, but i have not verified that.

I have some scripts that will interface a usrp/tvrx to the old
gnuradio atsc_rx. There are several strategies to use. There's
no up-to-date HOWTO that I know of but I'd be happy to help
on the email list.

--Chuck