Re: [Discuss-gnuradio] machine recommendation

From: Eric Blossom
Subject: Re: [Discuss-gnuradio] machine recommendation
Date: Tue, 7 Nov 2006 09:51:50 -0800

On Tue, Nov 07, 2006 at 10:56:37AM -0500, Ram wrote:
> Hello people,
>
> I an planning on buying a desktop, what configuration do you think is best
> so that I can connect the USRP and work with it efficiently.  Also ,let me
> know if I should have any specific hardware or memory requirements.
>
> Thanks,
> Ram

It all depends on what you want to do.
Pretty much any contemporary desktop will do the trick.
I'd avoid the "cache crippled" processors such as Celeron, but other
than that, pretty much any of the current AMD or Pentium processors
will work.  RAM's cheap these days, why not throw in a GB?

Eric

Tips for getting along on this list:

  Please don't top-post on top of the entire digest, especially
  since your question had zero to do with anything in the digest.
  Also, please be sure to edit your subject so that it's relevant.