Re: [Discuss-gnuradio] hier_block

From: Erlend Barstad Strand
Subject: Re: [Discuss-gnuradio] hier_block
Date: Sun, 12 Nov 2006 11:52:03 +0100

Sorry, I realise I was a bit short.....

The file I'm trying to compile is qam_corr_demod.py.

I have file directory similar to gr-how-to-square and the makefiles are mostly copies of the makfiles in this example, with modifications.

I have made a block, qam.demodulate_cf, which I would like to use together with two signal sources in qam_corr_demod.py. The block itself (qam.demodulate_cf) works fine, but im not able to compile the qam_corr_demod.py and make it available in my qam module. What are the changes I should do to the makefiles to make this work?

I do not get the first error I reported anymore.

thanks for any help
erlend

2006/11/11, Eric Blossom <address@hidden>:
On Sat, Nov 11, 2006 at 12:43:01PM +0100, Erlend Barstad Strand wrote:
> Hi
>
> Im trying to implement a hier_block, but when do a "sudo make install" I get
> the following error:
> "
> Byte-compiling python modules...
> qam_corr_demod.py  File
> "/usr/local/lib/python2.4/site-packages/python/qam_corr_demod.py", line 28
>    gr.hier_block.__init__(self, fg, self.qam_corr , self.qam_corr)
>     ^
> SyntaxError: invalid syntax
> "
>
> does anyone know why this happend?
>
> best regards
> erlend

Erlend, that's not much of a hint.  It is a file that you wrote, right?

Eric