[Discuss-gnuradio] Help with Verilog: write_count[8]

From: seph 004
Subject: [Discuss-gnuradio] Help with Verilog: write_count[8]
Date: Thu, 16 Nov 2006 01:11:15 -0800 (PST)

Hi

I'm still trying to figure out the problem in my code. I think that along the way I misunderstood the purpose of the write_count register. How does it actually work? WR triggers every time a 16 bit packet is ready from the FX2 doesn't it?

The wreq trigger of the FIFO is triggered by (WR & ~write_count[8]). Does this mean that only 256 16 bit samples enter the FIFO before the WR is removed? Why is this? How could I determine exactly when there is an I or Q sample that must be written into the FIFO?

Regards

Lance