Re: [Discuss-gnuradio] PS3/Cell BE platform

From: Brian Padalino
Subject: Re: [Discuss-gnuradio] PS3/Cell BE platform
Date: Thu, 16 Nov 2006 21:03:47 -0500

On 11/16/06, Jason <address@hidden> wrote:
Personally, I would only buy a PS3 for SDR if you either
        a.) have disposable income.
        b.) play a lot of games, and are willing to save up the cash.

And that's only if your interested in porting GnuRadio to the Cell BE.
Currently, nothing has been ported, let alone tested on it as is.  If
you just want to dive into SDR, I would advise against it.

I would recommend running simulations using their Cell software suite,
and get something working within the simulator before going ahead and
buying any hardware.

Playing with a Cell BE processor would be interesting, but there are
plenty of things you can do within simulation first that can be just
as useful without spending $600 on a PS3 (if you can find one this
holiday season!).

Brian