[Discuss-gnuradio] external clock question

From: Ryan Seal
Subject: [Discuss-gnuradio] external clock question
Date: Thu, 30 Nov 2006 11:22:05 -0400

I am using an external clock, currently at 64 MHz, but will drop to 50 MHz so I can place a 30MHz IF signal in the right spot for down-conversion. Here is my question:

The file usrp_basic.h has the following member:

long  fpga_master_clock_freq <cid:part1.06060807.00030702@naic.edu> () const {
return 64000000; }

If I want my system to work at 50 MHz, will I need to change this constant? Or
add something like:

fpga_master_clock_freq(const long& freq) { master_clock_freq = freq;}

I am guessing there might be a reason for this being a constant vs. a variable?

Thanks,
Ryan