Re: [Discuss-gnuradio] Debian packaging ... Install experience.

From: Bdale Garbee
Subject: Re: [Discuss-gnuradio] Debian packaging ... Install experience.
Date: Mon, 04 Dec 2006 15:36:38 -0700

On Mon, 2006-12-04 at 11:22 -0800, John Clark wrote:

> I set up my debian 'etch' based system. I added apt-get source.list
> references to testing and stable,
> then used apt-get to install GNURadio. Every thing seemed to install
> with no errors.
>
> However there are a couple of packages that needed to be installed:
>
> usrp

I intentionally broke the usrp package(s) out into a separate
installation target.  So, you did exactly the right thing.  If you
install 'gnuradio' you should get everything except the USRP bits, which
is fine if you aren't a USRP owner.  If you also install 'usrp' you
should get everything.  If you happen to use a user interface like
'dselect' that shows you suggested packages, you'd notice that gnuradio
suggests usrp.  Command line apt-get ignores such suggestions.

> python-wxgtk2.6

Hrm.  Good point.  I identified this as a build dependency, but failed
to declare it as a runtime dependency.  The nature of scripts is such
that the Debian tools for automatically building the list of runtime
dependencies for a binary executable didn't catch this omission.  Will
fix it on the next upload.

> Definately less hassle that compiling from scratch on old distrubtions.

Thanks!  I'm using the packages quite successfully myself, if anyone
else has feedback or suggestions for the Debian packages please feel
free to let me know, directly or through the Debian Bug Tracking System.

Regards,

Bdale