Re: [Discuss-gnuradio] Receiver FDM77 and GNUradio

From: Eric Blossom
Subject: Re: [Discuss-gnuradio] Receiver FDM77 and GNUradio
Date: Tue, 5 Dec 2006 14:30:36 -0800

On Tue, Dec 05, 2006 at 10:12:11PM +0000, Mario Rossi wrote:
> I'm a newbe to GNUradio, which I've found on the Internet searching
> for documentation about the USB chip Cypress 68013.

FYI, there's a copy of the FX2 technical ref manual here:
http://comsec.com/usrp/FX2_TechRefManual.pdf
(There may be a later version somewhere else)

> I'd like to control a DRM receiver (the FDM77
> http://www.elad.it/FDM77page.asp) in a Linux environment.
>
> This is a software radio which is good to be used as a DRM receiver
> (coupled with the software decoder Dream). It has a Cypress 68013 USB
> chip.
>
> Big question: does it have anything to do with GNUradio?

You could integrate this gadget with GNU Radio.
Note that it's really just a tuner with an a single-ended IF output
at 12 kHz.   You have to plug it into a sound card to convert the
analog IF into samples.

>From the block diagram, it appears that the USB (used in 12mbit/sec
mode) is used only to control the filters, DDS, etc.

Eric