[Discuss-gnuradio] Attenuators ?

From: Shravan Rayanchu
Subject: [Discuss-gnuradio] Attenuators ?
Date: Thu, 7 Dec 2006 16:10:14 -0600

Hello everyone,

I want to be able to capture RF data from one wireless card using
gnuradio without any external interference. I was thinking of using an
attenuator (with SMA or BNC connectors) one end of which I can connect
to a wireless card and the other end to gnuradio board. I have some
PCMCIA wireless cards which have the BNC-F interface.

Two questions:

1. What is the minimum attenuation required so that I dont end up
frying the boards?

2. I would like to have the attenuation to be "tunable". Do you know
of any tunable attenuators (preferably low cost) which fit my
requirements?

Thanks a ton!

Shravan