[Discuss-gnuradio] Problems building Gnuradio on Ubuntu 6.10

From: Mike Goldberg
Subject: [Discuss-gnuradio] Problems building Gnuradio on Ubuntu 6.10
Date: Wed, 3 Jan 2007 19:44:16 -0800 (PST)

I hope this is the correct place to ask for help. If I
am incorrect, please accept my apologies in advance.

While trying to build Gnuradio following the
instructions on the website, I have run into the
following error message:

address@hidden:~/gnuradio$ ./bootstrap
/usr/share/aclocal/jmax.m4:128: warning: underquoted
definition of AC_CHECK_JMAX_VERSION
  run info '(automake)Extending aclocal'
  or see
http://sources.redhat.com/automake/automake.html#Extending-aclocal
address@hidden:~/gnuradio$ ./bootstrap
/usr/share/aclocal/jmax.m4:128: warning: underquoted
definition of AC_CHECK_JMAX_VERSION
  run info '(automake)Extending aclocal'
  or see
http://sources.redhat.com/automake/automake.html#Extending-aclocal

Going to the website referred to in the error message,
gives this information:

"Starting with Automake 1.8, aclocal will warn about
all underquoted calls to AC_DEFUN. We realize this
will annoy a lot of people, because aclocal was not so
strict in the past and many third party macros are
underquoted; and we have to apologize for this
temporary inconvenience." (...more info follows)

I am running Ubuntu GNU/Linux 6.10 on a HP Pavillion
8665C, with has an Intel P3 cpu running at 600 MHz.

Is there something that I am doing wrong? Any info
would be greatly appreciated.

Mike Goldberg