Re: [Discuss-gnuradio] Fedora 6 and USB

From: Eric Blossom
Subject: Re: [Discuss-gnuradio] Fedora 6 and USB
Date: Mon, 8 Jan 2007 11:13:08 -0800

On Mon, Jan 08, 2007 at 01:41:17PM -0500, Cicale Randy S 2dLt AFRL/VSBXI wrote:
> After installing the gnuradio on Fedora 6, I wanted to run test_counting.py
> (or any program in the gnuradio-examples/python/usrp directory) but I get the
> following error:
>

> Usrp_open_interface:usb_claim_interface: failed interface 2
>
> Could not claim interface 2: No such file or directory

This also happens if you're machine does not support USB 2.0

If you try:

  $ /sbin/lsmod | grep ehci
  ehci_hcd               31880  0
  usbcore               115716  4 usbhid,ehci_hcd,uhci_hcd

Do you see an entry for ehci_hdc?  If not, your machine probably
doesn't support USB 2.0.  The USRP requires USB 2.0

Eric