[Discuss-gnuradio] USRP connected to EFIKA

From: Philip Balister
Subject: [Discuss-gnuradio] USRP connected to EFIKA
Date: Tue, 9 Jan 2007 20:14:55 -0500

It seems like my hobby is attaching USRP's to non-PC based hardware.
Todays board is an EFIKA: http://www.genesippc.com/efika.php

Here are the results of the usrp test programs:

address@hidden:/home/sca/waveforms/ossie_demo$ test_usrp_standard_rx -D 256
xfered 1.34e+08 bytes in 268 seconds.  4.999e+05 bytes/sec.  cpu time = 9.294
noverruns = 0
address@hidden:/home/sca/waveforms/ossie_demo$ test_usrp_standard_tx -I 512
xfered 1.34e+08 bytes in 268 seconds.  4.999e+05 bytes/sec.  cpu time = 15
0 underruns

The EFIKA is USB Full speed machine and I still haven't worked out how
to get the FPGA and the FX2 to talk properly for that case. The
transfer numbers are "funny",

The EFIKA should be interesting to GNU radio folks since the processor
has a FPU and there is a slot for a video card.

Philip