Re: [Discuss-gnuradio] Call For Ideas: Homebrew GSM scanner/receiver

From: Jens Elsner
Subject: Re: [Discuss-gnuradio] Call For Ideas: Homebrew GSM scanner/receiver
Date: Wed, 10 Jan 2007 09:24:22 +0100

Hi Steve,

just checked your wiki. As was noted earlier on the list, Vanu Inc.
(http://www.vanu.com/) has GSM working in software only. So that
should be possible with GNU Radio, too. Check the list archive.
I would suggest to start the project in software only, PCs will
just become faster and GSM bandwidth will not change.

Best regards,
Jens