Re: [Discuss-gnuradio] PlayStation 3

From: Philip Balister
Subject: Re: [Discuss-gnuradio] PlayStation 3
Date: Wed, 17 Jan 2007 07:47:02 -0500

On 1/16/07, Bob McGwier <address@hidden> wrote:
I understand the need and/or desire to do this natively but we really
want to be doing cross platform for this target.  256 MB is not enough
for these large compiles.

I've spent a little time trying to build GNU Radio for my EFIKA board
using OpenEmbedded. Currently, I have the configure script running to
the point it starts looking for cppunit. It fials there. I suspect
some hacking at the OE recipe for cppunit may be required in order for
the GNU Radio configure script to find it.

Now I will demonstrate my lack of understanding of GNU Radio :)

I suspect cppunit generates the checks used by the make check step of
the build instructions. Since this is a cross build, non of the
executables will actually run on the build system. I should be able to
make the test programs, but they would need to run on the target
system. While it should be possible to work out the cppunit problem I
have, in the short term, is there a way to disable the need for

If anyone is seriously interested in building GNU Radio with OE, I'd
be glad to help get you started.