Re: [Discuss-gnuradio] more gmsk issues

From: Brett Trotter
Subject: Re: [Discuss-gnuradio] more gmsk issues
Date: Mon, 22 Jan 2007 11:59:16 -0800 (PST)

Greg Troxel wrote:

>   So the bottom line question is why in the heck would a file transfer
> over a
>   stateless protocol get frozen after a certain number of bytes when it
>   appears I can ping with large payloads indefinitely?
>
>   For the record, anything terribly deep in python or networking code is
>   beyond me- so aside from simple settings tweaks and protocol/application
>   selection to garner stability, I'm probably out of my league.
>
> No one can tell without looking at the data.
>
> You really need to look at both sides with tcpdump.  Packets that are
> sent should, at least probably, arrive.  It may be that there is some
> bit pattern that results in them always not arriving, and you can
> debug that at the MAC/PHY layer without understanding why the upper
> layer is sending that pattern.
>
> --

You're welcome to have a look, here's the tcpdump of both sides- I was able
to transfer 325000 bytes of a 2mb file with FSP (I've gotten higher with
various settings)

http://webtrotter.com/10_0_0_1.txt and http://webtrotter.com/10_0_0_2.txt

Note, I didn't do a raw dump with the data contained, just -vv, but the
files are still ~200kb.

I didn't see anything out of the ordinary- it just stalls. Again this is
with FSP set up with an infinite timeout. I didn't ping during the transfer
so it wouldn't confuse the dumps, but I can ping before, after and during as
stated previously.