Re: [Discuss-gnuradio] Creating a custom vector source

From: Eric Blossom
Subject: Re: [Discuss-gnuradio] Creating a custom vector source
Date: Wed, 24 Jan 2007 07:39:15 -0800

On Wed, Jan 24, 2007 at 03:26:51PM +0100, Trond Danielsen wrote:
> Hi everyone,
>
> hope this is not a silly question: Is it possible to subclass
> gr_vector_source to create a custom vector source? I already have the
> C code to create my vector.
>
> --
> Trond Danielsen

Although this is possible, I don't think it's what you want.  For
example, the vector source has an instance variable that is of the
type of the vector.  I suspect that your derived class would ignore
that and add another instance variable.

It's probably simpler just to inherit from gr_sync_block.

In truth, with regard to gr_vector_source_* we use an ad hoc code
generation system to generate all of these.   We'd use C++ templates,
but that wouldn't help us with the .i file.

Eric