Re: [Discuss-gnuradio] OFDM in n4hy's tree

From: Brett Trotter
Subject: Re: [Discuss-gnuradio] OFDM in n4hy's tree
Date: Fri, 26 Jan 2007 14:55:29 -0800 (PST)

Brett Trotter wrote:

> I did a bootstrap, configure, make, make install on n4hy's tree and when I
> try to run ofdm_benchmark_tx, I get
> address@hidden ofdm]# ./benchmark_ofdm_tx.py
> Traceback (most recent call last):
>   File "./benchmark_ofdm_tx.py", line 23, in ?
>     from gnuradio import gr, gru, modulation_utils
>   File "/usr/local/lib/python2.4/site-packages/gnuradio/gr/__init__.py",
> line 27, in ?
>     from gnuradio_swig_python import *
>   File
> "/usr/local/lib/python2.4/site-packages/gnuradio/gr/gnuradio_swig_python.py",
> line 6, in ?
>     import _gnuradio_swig_python
> ImportError:
> /usr/local/lib/python2.4/site-packages/gnuradio/gr/_gnuradio_swig_python.so:
> undefined symbol: _Z15gr_make_fft_vccibSt6vectorIfSaIfEE
>

> I have FC6 on X86_64 with swig.x86_64 1.3.31-0.fc6 installed. I presume
> there's a problem with my swig-python or swig- what versions of everything
> should I be using?

Replying to myself here, I heard from someone that I should do make
uninstall on the standard tree before doing make install on n4hy's tree. I
make uninstalled both just to make sure it was cleaned out, and toasted
/usr/local/lib/python2.4/site-packages/gnuradio (same for lib64) and did
make install of n4hy's - only to discover that _gnuradio_swig_python is now
missing. Another make uninstall, another rm, and reinstalled the stable
tree- which yields the same error.

Why is make install not putting _gnuradio_swig_python in place do you
suppose? Have I missed something?