[Discuss-gnuradio] Older Linux Kernel Compatibility?

From: Michael Dickens
Subject: [Discuss-gnuradio] Older Linux Kernel Compatibility?
Date: Sat, 27 Jan 2007 15:35:40 -0500

I'm not a Linux expert by any stretch [though this coming week I get to do my first Linux install: Ubuntu 6.10 onto an Intel-Mac running Parallels ... should be interesting]. I'm trying to get GNU Radio installed onto an ARM-based "embedded"-style board running Debian Linux 2.4.26 ("Sarge", I think), and am having difficulties. Something is going wrong with SWIG, in its' creation of the C++ python interface code; everything else seems to work OK up to that point. Thus my wondering (naively?) if the kernel version is too old? Thanks! - MLD