Re: [Discuss-gnuradio] ( An attempt ) to run GNURadio on WinTV : )

From: Jim Perkins
Subject: Re: [Discuss-gnuradio] ( An attempt ) to run GNURadio on WinTV : )
Date: Sat, 27 Jan 2007 22:10:12 -0500

Hew,
Do you recall what the hardware mods were?  I'm wondering if  I can clean up card with caps here and there.  I looked at your sine wave data.  I low pass filtered it and got rid of most of that garbage.  The tone is at 1890 Hz as far as I can tell.  How did you generate that tone and what was the center frequency?  Where did you inject the tone?
 -Jim

Hew How Chee wrote:
Hi Jim,

The card I use last time is PV-TV304P+ (REV .2B) with FMRC (FM and Remote Control) . The chipset used is CX23881. The card from newegg.com is using CX23883. Can't tell it is compatible or not. The data I got is 8 bit unsigned. Didn't try out 10 bit since I was quite dissapointed by the noise in the 8 bit digitized signal. Nevertheless, it is still possbile to digitize the 10.7 MHz FM IF with hardware mods.

Note that the source code at http://www.geocities.com/how_chee/cx23881.htm can't compile and run in Linux kernel 2.6 and is not hooked up to GNURadio. It was developed using Knoppix Live CD 3.4 running kernel 2.4.x.

Best regards,
Hew

Jim Perkins <address@hidden> wrote:
Hew,
Aren't you the guy how figured out how to get the ADC data from the CX23881 card into the PC?  I found your website http://www.geocities.com/how_chee/cx23881.htm and looked at the data.  I think I'm going to get one of these cards to play with.  What model number do you have?  I can find PROLINK PV-TV304P+FMRC for $30 at newegg.com.  The Prolink website says it's 8 or 10 bits so I'm wondering if that is the right card.
-Jim