[Discuss-gnuradio] FM Transmitter?

From: marcus estes
Subject: [Discuss-gnuradio] FM Transmitter?
Date: Mon, 5 Feb 2007 22:17:03 -0800

Hello,

I am a volunteer with a local non-profit based in Portland, OR that is
preparing an license application for a full-power station as soon as a
mysterious 5 day filing window is opened by the FCC later this year.

We are currently investigating costs for the broadcast equipment.
Could a 5,000 - 10,000 watt transmitter be built using GNU Radio and
the appropriate hardware? Would there be significant cost savings
involved? If the code has been developed (this looks interesting:
http://kd5zaa.cafe150.com/sdr/), is this platform stable enough to run
a real radio station?

Thanks for your input.
Marcus Estes