Re: [Discuss-gnuradio] DBSRX C++ Driver

From: Eric Blossom
Subject: Re: [Discuss-gnuradio] DBSRX C++ Driver
Date: Tue, 13 Feb 2007 16:09:48 -0800

On Tue, Feb 13, 2007 at 04:24:49PM -0500, Gregory W Heckler wrote:
> Before I submit my DBSRX C++ driver, I need some tips on the preferred
> style to the GnuRadio mods out there:
>
> Should the DBSRX class (db_dbs_rx) inherit the usrp_standard_rx class
> (currently I pass a handle to an already created usrp_standard_rx handle
> in the contructor)?

No, it shouldn't inherit from usrp_standard_rx.  Pass it a pointer
to the underlying object.

> Should the interface (public methods) exactly  match the python code. I
> left some of the more trivial stuff out (like reporting back the gain
> range, etc)?

It would be nice if your code implemented the "trivial" stuff like
gain and frequency range, so that we can write generic code that works
with any daughterboard.

> And, to whom should I submit the code?

before posting.

We'll also need a copyright assignment to the FSF for the code.  I'll
send you a simple form to fill out in the next message.

> Thanks all for your help over the last couple of weeks. As I make more
> progress with sampling GPS L1 and L2C data with the DBSRX
> daughterboard(s) I will release any code and or sample data sets I might
> generate.

You're welcome!

Thanks for working on this.  Having C++ versions for all the d'boards
is one of our goals.  Thanks for writing the first one!

Eric