[Discuss-gnuradio] test with message_source

From: Anastasopoulos Achilleas
Subject: [Discuss-gnuradio] test with message_source
Date: Thu, 22 Feb 2007 14:33:03 -0500 (EST)

Hi,

I am trying to understand how the message source works
and how I can use it from within my python code.
So I wrote a simple script with a message source and a null sink.
I wanted the following behavior:
every time I press a button on my keybord to send a constant message in the queue and verify that the queue size has increased.

Here is the piece of code that I have so far...

What I don't know how to do is to enqueue a message every time
I press a button.
Can someone point to the right direction as to how this event driven behavior is implemented.

Thanks
Achilleas

from gnuradio import gr
from gnuradio import audio
from gnuradio.eng_option import eng_option
from optparse import OptionParser

class my_graph(gr.flow_graph):

    def __init__(self):
        gr.flow_graph.__init__(self)

        packet = 'abcdefghijklmnopqrstuwxy' #multiple of gr.sizeof_float
        msg=gr.message_from_string(packet)

        src0 = gr.message_source(gr.sizeof_float,10)
        dst = gr.null_sink (gr.sizeof_float)
        self.connect (src0, dst)

# Now I want every time I press a button to run the following code,
        # so that I add the same msg in the message queue
        src0.msgq().insert_tail(msg)
        print src0.msgq().count()

if __name__ == '__main__':
    try: