[Discuss-gnuradio] Re: Re: transmitting two independent Signals

From: anmar
Subject: [Discuss-gnuradio] Re: Re: transmitting two independent Signals
Date: Fri, 23 Feb 2007 10:17:21 +0100

Eric Blossom wrote:
> On Wed, Feb 21, 2007 at 11:11:17AM +0100, anmar wrote:
>> > stream of complexes.  (Yes, the interface is a bit strange and ought
>> >   fg.connect(interleaver, u)
>> > That's right.  If you're using a single Basic Tx daughterboard, and
>> > you want independent real output out the I and Q, that'll take a fair
>> > amount of hacking.  Using two daughterboards is going to be much, much
>> > easier ;)
>>
>> ok that is to bad, but do you know any one how tried to do this
>
> No.
>
>> or do you know where to begin hacking :)?
>
> Getting this right requires understanding how the host, the FPGA code
> and the AD9862 all interact.  If you've been following Brian's
> questions about the FPGA over the past few days, you're on the right
> track.  Note also, that if you send two real signals to the AD9862 you
> lose the use of the digital up converter ("Fine Modulator") in the
> AD9862.  Assuming you need a DUC, you'll have to reimplement this
> functionality in the FPGA.  [In "two independent real signal mode" you
> only have Block C "Interpolator" and Block B "Coarse Modulator"
> available.]
>
>> We just want to see if it can be done with the time that we have, or
>> just go and use two Tx daugterboards.
>
> Any particular reason you don't want to use two Tx daughterboards?
> If you use two Tx daughterboards, you could have your independent-signal
> transmitter up and working in 30 minutes.
>
> Eric

hi Eric,
can you post an example that transmits to tx signales from two tx
boards?
we have trying the code that you posted earlier, but it won't work. we
have tyied the fm_tx_2_daugtherboards.py that worked well, but is pit
comcplicated to understand and when modifying it don't work any more.

thanks in advance
anmar and wim