Re: [Discuss-gnuradio] updated packet format on USRP inband signaling

From: Brian Padalino
Subject: Re: [Discuss-gnuradio] updated packet format on USRP inband signaling
Date: Sun, 25 Feb 2007 20:10:06 -0500

On 2/25/07, Eric Blossom <address@hidden> wrote:
On Sun, Feb 25, 2007 at 07:29:01PM -0500, Brian Padalino wrote:
> Some preliminary questions:
>
> How are the operations linked with the transmit sequences?

I'm not sure I understand this question.

I am not sure how the operations being sent down are associated with a
payload.  Are they just 32-bit aligned in either an in or out packet?
If so, should there be something in the header to say how many
operations are there before the actual modulated data starts?

> Are operations sent down in bulk, or one at a time?

You can send as many as will fit in the payload.
Unless you doing something like hopping, I suspect that command
packets are relatively infrequent.

It looks like the assumption I made just previously is accurate - the
operations are in the payload along with modulation data.

Brian