[Discuss-gnuradio] USPR segmentation fault

From: Liu Xin
Subject: [Discuss-gnuradio] USPR segmentation fault
Date: Mon, 26 Feb 2007 11:57:39 -0500 (EST)

Hello, All:
I am running the following small program which generate a periodical
signal using vectors. I got Segmentation Fault, as shown in the following:

address@hidden:sudo ./Signal3.py
Blocked waiting for GDB attach (pid = 7714)
Press Enter to continue:
Sample rate =  8M
Signal will generated by : A: Flex 2400 Tx
Carrier : 2.468G
Press Enter to quit :
uUuUuUuUuUuUuUuUuUuUuUuUuUuUuUuUuUuUuUuUuUuUuUuUuUuUSegmentation fault

Could anyone give any suggestion on how to trace the bug or why it
happens?

BTW, I tried to use gdb, whenver I do "(gdb) attach PID" the program stops
running, it resumes until I quit from gdb.

Thank you for your input.
xin

The python program
#!/usr/bin/env python
from gnuradio import gr
from gnuradio import usrp
from gnuradio import eng_notation
import os
print 'Blocked waiting for GDB attach (pid = %d)' % (os.getpid(),)
raw_input ('Press Enter to continue: ')

def build_graph (carrier=2.462e9):

  interp = 16
  duc0 = 5e6       # IF frequency
  nchan = 1

  fg = gr.flow_graph ()

  dest = usrp.sink_c (0, interp, nchan)
  sample_rate = dest.dac_freq() / interp
  print "Sample rate = ", eng_notation.num_to_str (sample_rate)
  dest.set_tx_freq (0, duc0)
  dest.set_pga(0,20)

  max = (2**15)-1
  min = -max
  vector = []
  for i in range(40):
    vector.append(complex(max,max))
    vector.append(complex(max,min))
    vector.append(complex(min,max))
    vector.append(complex(min,min))
  for i in range(60):
    vector.append(complex(0,0))

  src = gr.vector_source_c(vector,True)
  fg.connect (src, dest)

  dboard = usrp.selected_subdev(dest, (0,0))

  print "Signal will generated by :", dboard.side_and_name()

  rf = dest.tune(dboard._which, dboard, carrier)
  if rf:
    print "Carrier :", eng_notation.num_to_str(rf.baseband_freq)
  else:
    print "The range of the daugtherboard's frequency is :", \
    eng_notation.num_to_str(dboard.freq_range()[0]), "-", \
    eng_notation.num_to_str(dboard.freq_range()[1])
    raise SystemExit

  return fg

if __name__ == '__main__':

  mygraph = build_graph ()