Re: [Discuss-gnuradio] sizeof( bit?)

From: Achilleas Anastasopoulos
Subject: Re: [Discuss-gnuradio] sizeof( bit?)
Date: Thu, 01 Mar 2007 08:39:22 -0500

Vincenzo,

I don't think this is possible. The smallest size is a byte,
so you can think of your bits being either unpacket bytes
(ie having values 0 or 1), or packed bytes (in which case
you have to unpack them inside your new block).
If I were you I would go with the former method, since
the packet_to_unpacked block exists already.

Achilleas

just a quick question, I need to tell the constructor of my first gr block
to accept a bit by bit input..

I should call sizeof( what? )

thanks

sorry for bothering for such a trivial thing but I haven't found an example
of this yet..

-- Vincenzo Pellegrini