Re: [Discuss-gnuradio] Multi USRP on Single Computer

From: Eric Blossom
Subject: Re: [Discuss-gnuradio] Multi USRP on Single Computer
Date: Sun, 4 Mar 2007 20:45:51 -0800

On Sun, Mar 04, 2007 at 05:51:34PM -0500, address@hidden wrote:

> Thanks for the reply.  I'm pretty new to GNU radio so I'm still not
> sure exactly what I need to do (I don't know about the whole "which"
> constructor thing).  All I've been able to do so far is run the
> examples and modify them as needed (minor changes).  I don't need to
> know which board is which (sending and receiving), just as long as 1
> is sending and 1 is receiving.  I've looked at the
> multi_usrp_rx_cfile.py example, and I understand that this example
> is for synch-ing 2 boards to both receive, but I don't know if I can
> use some of the same code for my purpose.  The code that looked
> interesting to me is:

> # build the graph
>         self.multi=usrp_multi.multi_source_align( fg=self,
> master_serialno=options.master_serialno, decim=options.decim,
>                                                   nchan=options.nchan )
>         self.um=self.multi.get_master_usrp()
>         self.us=self.multi.get_slave_usrp()
>
>         dst_m=gr.file_sink (gr.sizeof_gr_complex, options.output_file_m)
>         dst_s=gr.file_sink (gr.sizeof_gr_complex, options.output_file_s)
>         if options.nsamples is None:
>             self.connect((self.multi.get_master_source_c(),1),dst_m)
>             self.connect((self.multi.get_slave_source_c(),1),dst_s)
>         else:
>             head_m = gr.head(gr.sizeof_gr_complex, int(options.nsamples))
>             head_s = gr.head(gr.sizeof_gr_complex, int(options.nsamples))
>             self.connect((self.multi.get_master_source_c(),1),head_m,dst_m)
>             self.connect((self.multi.get_slave_source_c(),1),head_s,dst_s)

This code does nothing like what I think you need.

My suggestion is that you figure out how you would solve your problem
using two machines.  Then run that code on a single machine.

It seems like you may want to spend some time getting a better idea of
how some of the more typical examples work before diving into the deep
end.

Eric