Re: [Discuss-gnuradio] RFX400 Antenna Connection

From: Matt Ettus
Subject: Re: [Discuss-gnuradio] RFX400 Antenna Connection
Date: Mon, 05 Mar 2007 09:40:38 -0800

Jeremy Chew wrote:
Hi,

I am trying to eliminate channel error by using a cable to connect two RFX400s together. The strange thing is that nothing useful seems to get through when the radios are connected by cable. I have tried attenuation in the range from 0 to 40dB and with several cables to no avail. Using antennas works much better.

Do you know what is wrong? And what should the cable attenuation be?

The cable attenuation needs to be at least 40 dB for safety. It probably needs to be more for signal integrity. Have you adjusted the receive gain downwards to compensate for the high signal levels?

Matt