Re: [Discuss-gnuradio] PS3 success with audio

From: Robert McGwier
Subject: Re: [Discuss-gnuradio] PS3 success with audio
Date: Thu, 08 Mar 2007 20:15:47 -0500

We definitely have work to do. Portaudio is the ONLY thing I can get to work the PS3 sound system but not in gnuradio.

The pieces in the bin directory for testing portaudio that open the sink only work. I can produce tones, hundreds of tones, do latency tests, etc.

gr-audio-XXX fails in all cases, including gr-audio-portaudio.

I do not believe this is a python issue but I am unsure. The error message is a bit strange.

If you download the svn for portaudio, and do configure; make; sudo make install, it puts the portaudio-2.0.pc in /usr/local/lib/pkgconfig unless you specify another prefix. Portaudio is working on the ps3 and the files in bin that begin patest_(produce a sinusoid of some type) make tones and work.

Bob