Re: [Discuss-gnuradio] Fewer than 8 bits per sample FPGA support

From: Davide Anastasia
Subject: Re: [Discuss-gnuradio] Fewer than 8 bits per sample FPGA support
Date: Wed, 14 Mar 2007 10:19:36 +0100

Il giorno mar, 13/03/2007 alle 08.08 -0700, Eric Blossom ha scritto:
> I suspect you're getting caught by the sanity check in the host
> library code.
>
> Take a look at usrp_standard.cc, usrp_standard_rx::set_format and
> remove the test for rx_format_is_valid.

I added some width to rx_format_is_valid, but I receive a "floating
point exception", as this:

address@hidden:/home/rocker/Tesi/My Works/GNU Radio
Experiment/rx_cfile# ./usrp_rx_cfile.py -m -f 1.575G -w 1 -R A -d 16 -N
1000 -g 90 -s output.samples.1
Upload new firmware!
Using 1 bit sampling
format = 0x21f
set_format = True
Using RX d'board A: DBS Rx
USB sample rate 4M
Floating point exception

(same script attached in the mail above)

> I think the right way to work around this is to add another field to
> the FPGA capability register that indicates whether or not the shifter
> is implemented.

I can do it. Please give me the right way...

Regards,
--
Davide Anastasia

web: http://www.davideanastasia.com/