RE: [Discuss-gnuradio] Can't get input from sound card.

From: Bahn William L Civ USAFA/DFCS
Subject: RE: [Discuss-gnuradio] Can't get input from sound card.
Date: Sat, 17 Mar 2007 01:15:34 -0600

> But I don't seem to me able to get any data from the audio card using
such
> programs as audio_to_file.py or audio_fft.py.

I still can't get any input from the sound card. I have installed GNU
Radio on a completely different computer. The dial_tone.py program
works. I get a flat line (it bounces around between -8e-5 and +4e-5)
when I run audio_fft.py in the oscilloscope mode.

In the hopes of perhaps, possibly getting some kind of a response, I'll
try to ask very specific questions.

1) Is the signal source for audio_fft.py supposed to default to the
sound card microphone?

2) If not, what is the default?

3) If not, can I tell it to use the sound card microphone?

4) If yes, how?