Re: [Discuss-gnuradio] Question about Basic TX/RX boards, the I, Q

From: Matt Ettus
Subject: Re: [Discuss-gnuradio] Question about Basic TX/RX boards, the I, Q
Date: Mon, 19 Mar 2007 10:29:31 -0700

Eric Blossom wrote:
On Fri, Mar 16, 2007 at 09:49:47AM -0400, address@hidden wrote:

I am having the same problem of being able to receive on RX_A but
not RX_B and I don't know why.  Any help would be much appreciated.

Thanks
Nick

Assuming the Basic Rx is on the "A" side, use -R a:1 to access the RX_B input.
The Basic Rx is treated as having two distinct subdevices.

Matt, *please* re-label the inputs on the Basic Rx with less ambiguous
names.  Perhaps something like "Input 0", "Input 1".  Likewise for the
Basic Tx.

That isn't the problem he is seeing. The problem is that he wants to receive in IQ mode rather than real mode. No confusion about labels there.

In the mean time, there are about 500 of those boards already built, but I'll be happy to change the labels when I build the next batch, some time in 08 :)

Matt