[Discuss-gnuradio] Mblocks

From: EVENNOU Frederic RD-TECH-GRE
Subject: [Discuss-gnuradio] Mblocks
Date: Fri, 23 Mar 2007 13:31:52 +0100

Dear all,

I  am currently developping a cognitive radio demonstration system under
the GNU Radio Platform and I am particularly interested in the mblocks
extension proposed by the ADROIT Project. Reading the available
documentation and looking to the source code, I realized that the
extension is still a work in progress and I would like to know if
mblocks are already available as a base class for deriving my own signal
processing blocks. Inspecting the mblock directory, I've noticed that
there are no .i files nor .py so the extension seems unavailable as a
Python module. Consequently, I would like to ask you some questions:
 - Is the current mblock directory exploitable and bug proof?
 - May I use it as a base class for deriving my own signal processing
blocks?
 - If I create an interface file for the mblock extension and if I
generate all other files (.so, .py, .o ...), will I be able to interface
my own module with Python?

For your information, this project is part of a PhD thesis at France
Telecom R&D (French telecommunications company) focusing on integrating
cognitive mechanisms into radios.

Thank you in advance for your answer (and for the work done with this
extension, particularly attractive for cognitive applications).

Best regards,

Nicolas Colson
R&D Engineer, PhD Student
France Telecom R&D/TECH/IDEA/IROC