Re: [Discuss-gnuradio] USRP packet parsing

From: Eric Blossom
Subject: Re: [Discuss-gnuradio] USRP packet parsing
Date: Sun, 25 Mar 2007 08:36:45 -0700

On Sat, Mar 24, 2007 at 05:59:06PM -0400, Brian Padalino wrote:
> On 3/24/07, Thibaud Hottelier <address@hidden> wrote:
> >I updated the wiki paged and added state machines.
> >(http://gnuradio.org/trac/wiki/UsrpTxModifications)
>
> A comment with the USB Block - I believe all the processing going into
> the USB FIFO is done within the FX2.  Moreover, i don't know why
> you're keeping the byte_count around - it's coming in with the packet
> header.
>
> >Here are the issues still unresolved that I am aware of:
> >
> >- Are the overrun/underrun flag per channel or global? From which fifo
> >should they be generated?
>
> Each channel should be responsibile for returning each individual
> status back up to the host.  With that given, I believe the messages
> should be sent up and identified as stating "TX Channel 0" or "RX
> Channel 1" is having over or under runs.  That would be helpful,
> correct?

Yes, but I'm not sure we can spare the USB bandwidth to report them
separately.  I agree we should track them separately.  I was thinking
about piggybacking the reporting into the header of RX packets.

WRT clarity, perhaps we should refer to these various fifo like this:

  tx_usb_fifo
  tx_cmd_fifo
  tx_chan_fifo_N

  rx_usb_fifo